AIC Writing Center
If you need further help with citing sources or with any other aspects of paper writing, the AIC Writing Center offers assistance on a drop in basis or by appointment. They are located in the Center for Academic Success which is in the Lower Level of the library building.
Contact the Writing Center:
Phone: (413) 654-1441
Mondays 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesdays 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.
Thursdays 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
General Information about Citing Sources
Remember to cite your sources if you are...
- quoting from the source directly
- paraphrasing someone else's words
- using someone else's data or statistics
- using someone else's pictures, photographs or other not text material
When creating a reference list remember...
- Your sources should be listed in alphbetical order by authors last name
- Only the authors name should be flush against the margin so you need to indent each subsequent row of text after the first one. This includes annotations.
- Don't rely on the robot. Automatic citation makers will put everything in the correct order but will not correct for spelling, or capitalization so always double check your results