Last Updated: Jul 28, 2016
Using the list of articles supplied in your syllabus, find the articles in Academic Search Premier. Follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Read the citation.
- What is the journal/magazine title?
- Using Academic Search Premier, click on Publications at the top.
- Using the 2nd search box, enter the journal or magazine title.
- Find the journal or magazine title in the list. Click on it.
- Find the year, and volume number.
- From the list of all articles published in that issue (year) and volume number, find your article.
For this Assignment, use Academic Search Premier.
- Academic Search Premier
General academic database covering a wide variety of disciplines. Full-text peer-reviewed scholarly journal articles, newspaper, and magazine articles from more thousands of sources.
- Academic Onefile
Use this comprehensive periodical resource of full-text peer-reviewed content for over 13,000 indexed journals and reference works covering all subjects, including the full-text of The New York Times and London Times back to 1985 and NPR, CNN & CBC transcripts and podcasts.
- Expanded Academic ASAP
Use this database to find full-text scholarly journals, new magazines and newspapers for all academic disciplines. (Coverage duplicated in Academic OneFile)
- General Onefile
Use this comprehensive periodical resource for any subject. Coverage goes back to 1980- with over 12,000 titles (7,800 full-text including The New York Times back to 1985).